Chisora: I badly want Dubois world title shot - it will be my last fight



Derek Chisora has told Sky Sports he plans to retire after his next fight "whatever happens," but "badly wants" it to be a title shot against Daniel Dubois at Wembley.




Last week, the IBF confirmed it would order Chisora's mandatory challenge for fellow Brit Dubois' world championship on April 22.




The British heavyweight floored Otto Wallin twice to earn a points win in his 49th career fight in February, which was designated as a title eliminator for the right to challenge current IBF champion Dubois.




Chisora has been installed as the mandatory challenger for the IBF belt without having to box in a final eliminator, and the 41-year-old has revealed to Sky Sports that even if he became world champion, he wouldn't fight again.




"Listen, at the end of this year, I'll be retiring. I'm not going to lie to you. I'll be out. Is it going to delay my retirement plans? No," he said.

"Whatever happens, this will be the last one. Yes, I'll just walk away [even if a world champion].







"You don't understand, it's not even up to me, it's up to my wife. This is it. She said: 'if you have one more fight after this, I'll leave you.' So I'm like: 'okay fine.' She said: 'One fight and you're out.'

"You can't do that 'one more, one more' thing. This is a problem. This is where you get caught out and then problems happen.




"So, no. Even the British Boxing Board of Control have said to me: 'one more and we're actually barring you from boxing.' So that's it.




"It's the last dance. There's no dance after. This is it. When I leave the ring, that's it. Done."

Post a Comment

0 Comments